Thursday 13 June 2013

And...relax!


Hey folks

It’s been a little while since my last post as I’ve been up to my eyes in my revision for my art history exam. I’m delighted to say I took my exam on Monday and it went well (I think!) so now I’M FREE FOR THE SUMMER! WHOOP, WHOOP! I’m slowly getting used to the idea of having freedom again, proper freedom, not just an hour or two here and there.
 
So, here’s a couple more watercolour pieces I’ve been working on:


"Feel the Flow"
 
 
"What Transpires..."
 
 

I love the style which is emerging and I would like to translate this to acrylic on canvas. I also want to make more journals and have plans to make one for a friend, she’s a mum of three little children all under 7 and does an amazing job. My friend rarely complains and her children are incredible and such a credit to her. I love making journals for friends in the knowledge they will love what I’ve done and that I can bring a little magic into their life. I love art, books, stories and poetry and art journals allow me to bring together all of these things so beautifully.

 
As I’ve mentioned in my last post, in October I shall be studying children’s literature with the Open University. I’m so excited as I would love to write and illustrate a children’s book one day. So, watch this space, some ideas might start finding their way onto here as I start reading the set books and delving into the wonderful world of children’s literature.
 
 
Happy arting everyone!

2 comments:

  1. A fun post, Elvina, and welcome back to the more relaxed world! I know these latest two journal pages are watercolor, but, in another life, you would have been a surrealist painter, and a darn good one, at that! I used to work on at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, in the Department of Education. One of the most dynamic professors (he often lectured from a table top!) taught what was called there "kiddy lit" (short for Children's Literature). His classes were always overbooked! Enjoy your free time...for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kay, you always post the most amazing comments, thanks so much. Wow, a surrealist painter...lol, never thought of that one! I LOVE the idea of the eccentric professor - brilliant! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave positive comments and thoughts.